• диапазон измерения элементов – от Al до U, от N до U с продувкой газом – опция;
• диапазон измерения массовой доли - от 1 ppb (1 мкг/л) до 100 %;
• рентгеновская трубка с Mo-анодом мощностью 50 Вт и размером пятна 1x1 мм или 50x50 мкм;
• детектор площадью от 30 до 60 мм2 с энергетическим разрешением менее 149 эВ;
• монохроматор первичного пучка - многослойный плоский или изогнутый;
• загрузчик образцов: ручная загрузка (на 1 позицию) или автоматический (на 25 позиций).
- Техническое описание
The World's First TXRF Spectrometer for Trace Analysis
The S2 PICOFOX is the world's first portable benchtop spectrometer for fast quantitative and semi-quantitative multi-element microanalysis of liquids, suspensions, solids and contaminations using the principle of total reflection X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy (TXRF).
Reaching detection limits in the ppb and ppm range the S2 PICOFOX is optimally suited for trace element analysis. The advantages are evident in case of small sample amounts, liquid samples with high matrix content and frequently changing sample types.
Due to its complete independence of any cooling medium, the analyzer can be used not only in the laboratory but also for on-site analyses in the field.
For many applications the S2 PICOFOX will be an important enhancement to an existing AAS or ICP-OES system.
Key advantages compared to AAS and ICP-OES
- Simultaneous multi-element trace analysis incl. halogenides
- Analysis of smallest sample amounts in the nanogram or microgram range
- Simple quantification using an internal standard
- Suitable for various sample types and applications
- Portable system for fast in-field analyses
- No matrix or memory effects
- Low operating cost, no need for any media, disposables or periodic maintenance
The S2 PICOFOX is independent of liquid nitrogen and cooling water. With a maximum power consumption of only 180 watts the compact, portable TXRF spectrometer is especially suited for mobile applications. It features:
- Compact, air-cooled micro focus X-ray tube with metal-ceramics technology
- Multilayer X-ray optics for beam focusing and monochromatization
- Latest Peltier-cooled, high resolution XFlash® detector (SDD)
For further specifications, please refer to the brochure.
The S2 PICOFOX working principle is based on total reflection X-ray fluorescence (TXRF) analysis:
An air-cooled X-ray tube typically with molybdenum target generates an X-ray beam, which is reduced to a narrow energy range by a multilayer monochromator. The fine beam impinges on a polished sample carrier at a very small angle (< 0.1°) and is totally reflected. The characteristic fluorescence of the sample is emitted and measured in an energy-dispersive X-ray detector. Due to the short distance to the carrier, the fluorescence yield is very high and the absorption by air is very low.Working principle of the S2 PICOFOX based on TXRF
Advantages compared to XRF spectrometers
Due to the use of monochromatic radiation and total reflection optics the S2 PICOFOX provides the following benefits:
- Reduced absorption and scattering effects in the sample matrix
- Enhanced fluorescence yield
- Reduced background noise
- Higher sensitivity to elements present in trace amounts
Universal Applicability with Detection Limits in the Lower ppb Range
The S2 PICOFOX is the world's first and only transportable TXRF spectrometer with detection limits in the lower pg, ppb and ppm range. The advantages of TXRF become especially effective in cases of very small sample amounts, liquid samples with high matrix content and frequently changing sample types.
Preferred areas of application
- Environmental analysis (water, aerosols and contamination)
- Food, nutrients, dietary supplements and beverage analysis
- Tissue and biological liquids in clinical chemistry
- Contamination analysis of wafers, solar cells, OLEDs and nano-particles
- Quality control of pure substances and industrial products
- Authentication in pharmaceutical and forensic laboratories
Easy sample preparation
TXRF analysis is suitable for any type of sample, digestion is not always required. A sample, which must be placed on a sample carrier, can be prepared easily:
- Liquids are pipetted directly onto the sample carrier and dried subsequently
- Powder samples can be applied directly to the sample carrier or prepared as suspension
- Single micro or nanoparticles can be prepared similarily
TXRF spectrum of a NIST 1640 fresh water reference standard
Detection limits for the NIST 1640 reference standard.